Playstation has just released 20 tips that can help you master StarWars: Battlefront.
Maybe you have been struggling with the game, or perhaps you’re just looking for extra tips to give you an edge, either way – these pointers are bound to help.
These easy but important pointers come straight from DICE & their development team.
Blasters & Weapons:
- Maintain controlled fire with your blaster to manage both heat and bolt spread
- With each successful cooling flush, the skill game increases in difficulty. When failing, dying or not activating the cooling flush, the difficulty level will decrease again
- The Ion Shot makes your blaster more powerful against vehicles, and weaker against troopers during its active time
Star Cards & PowerUps:
- The Ion Grenade is a great way to quickly deal with pesky Droids and turrets
- The Pulse Cannon does greater damage the longer it’s charged. A fully charged shot will defeat a person with one shot
- Combine the Jump Pack with an explosion based weapon — like the Bowcaster — to rain mayhem from above
- The Smoke Grenade not only reduces vision, but also blocks lock-on functions for weapons, turrets, and Droids
- Energy shields blocks incoming energy blasts, but solid projectiles like grenades, rockets, and the Cycler Rifle slug will pass through
- If you have a power up you do not want, you can hit interact (Square) in front of a power-up to change it for a new one
- The Cycler Rifle and Pulse Cannon must be fired while scoping in order to maximize its accuracy
- The Smart Rocket fires like a regular launcher, but the rocket will target and track a vehicle if fired in its general direction
- If you take damage while trying to call in a vehicle the progress will be reset
- Evasive maneuvers break missile lock and Soft Lock
- Reduced velocity increases weapon power, increased velocity reduces weapon power for the A-wing, X-wing TIE fighter, TIE interceptor, Slave I, and the Millennium Falcon
- Hold the Left Trigger to activate your targeting system on the starfighters. It helps you land your shots
- A Trait will grant a passive bonus and level up with kill streaks. When dying, the Trait will lose a level again
- Customize your hand of Star Cards accordingly in Hero Hunt and Heroes vs Villains. Not even a Jedi can block an explosion
- Droids are not only great for attacking the enemy team, they also have a scan pulse that reveals enemies to your entire team
- In regular Battles, press the D-pad up to make your AI allies ‘search and destroy’ and D-pad right to ‘follow player
- The AT-ST has a weak spot on its back, try to target this when attacking one and defend it when piloting
Hopefully these tips help you master your galactic journey! As new tips & pointers are discovered, we will release them on our site.
What do you think of Battlefront so far? Was your launch day experience good or bad? Comment & let us know!