Back in July Netflix announced they would be partnering with Comcast to launch on their Xfinity X1 cable boxes, but at the time not much additional information was available.
Today both companies confirmed that Netflix will be premiering on Comcast’s X1 platform next week. Now users who use the X1 can easily access and stream content from both companies on their TV.
“We are excited to add Netflix to X1 and give our customers access to all the content they love in a way that has never been done before,” said Neil Smit, Chief Executive Officer, Comcast Cable. “Netflix has been a terrific partner, and our incredible teams of engineers and designers have come together to create an experience that is not only seamless and intuitive, but also lets viewers search and watch tens of thousands of movies, shows, specials and documentaries with the sound of their voice.”
“The Netflix integration into the X1 platform means our mutual customers will no longer need to change inputs or juggle remotes,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “Now they can seamlessly move between the Netflix app and their cable service, enjoying all the TV shows and movies they love without hassle.”
X1 customers who have a Netflix subscription will have access to combined libraries of Netflix and Xfinity On Demand. The service also has unique features such as:
- The ability to launch the Netflix app by simply saying “Netflix” into the X1 voice remote.
- Browse Netflix content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.
- Search for an actor like “Adam Sandler” and see everything he’s in, across both platforms.
- Start from the beginning of a popular show like The Walking Dead. Watch all prior seasons from Netflix and the current season from Xfinity, all in one place.
- Customers who are new to Netflix will be able to sign up for a new membership directly on X1, with the option to have the service added directly to their Comcast bill. This allows you to immediately explore and enjoy Netflix on X1 or across all of your devices.
Are you excited to see Netflix come to the X1 next week? Let us know your thoughts, comment below.