Following a ruling from the federal court in Australia this passed week, over 50 internet service providers have been ordered to start blocking access to a number of pirate sites, and are now being subject to a site-blocking system similar to the United Kingdom.
Internet providers in Australia have been givin 15 days to block their users from accessing ThePirateBay, Torrentz, TorrentHound, IsoHunt, SolarMovie, aswell as proxy and mirror services affiliated with the sites.
The Judge has ruled that since these website’s are based overseas and in breach of Australian copyright law, ISP’s must take all “reasonable” steps to block the website’s.
How does this effect me if I live in Australia?
- Now that this ruling and these initial blockades have passed, it will represent the beginning of a mass site-blocking in Australia. Starting in 2017 and thereafter, rightsholders will be regularly re-attending Court to have more websites blocked.
- User’s who try and visit a blocked website from Australia will be denied access, and presented with a page from their service provider or copyright-holders, explaining why the site is blocked.
- The United Kingdom has a similar system in place that now has Internet Service Providers blocking access to well over 1000 websites from their Country.
How does this effect me if I DO NOT live in Australia?
- As more country’s push internet providers to censor the website’s their subscribers visit, the chance increases that this may happen in your country.
- Each time another government take’s such measure’s, it forces other countries to review what they are doing to prevent piracy.
- The Result: You may find yourself facing this very issue sooner than you thought.
When it comes to protecting yourself online and accessing torrent sites like ThePirateBay and American Netflix, EverydayElectronics highly recommends using a high-tier VPN provider.
If you’re unfamiliar with a VPN, it uses a highly encrypted tunnel, that let’s you remain 100% anonymous online. Using a VPN hide’s your IP address and location to anonymously appear from anywhere you choose. This allows you to truly access the internet the way it was meant to be – free, open and private.
How do I protect myself and prevent this from happening in my country?
Using a VPN will help prevent this from happening in your country by keeping all of your sensitive information safe from:
- Internet Service Providers
- Malicious Website’s
- Public Wi-fi Attacks
- & Much More.
It will also keep things like your download habits & the websites you visit completely private.
How do I safely access blocked websites from within my country?
If you live in a country like Australia, the United Kingdom, or anywhere else that blocks access to certain torrent and media website’s, using a VPN will solve all of your issue’s.
VPN’s are easy-to-use and require no tech skills to setup or operate. Simply sign up for the service, download the VPN client, and connect to a country that does not have website blockades, like the United States.
To help user’s who are effected by the website ban in Australia & elsewhere safely access blocked websites from within their country, we’ve compiled a list of top tier VPN solutions.
|Top Privacy VPNs|
#1) ExpressVPN – Find Out More
#2) NordVPN – Find Out More
#3) StrongVPN – Find Out More
#4) VyprVPN – Find Out More
Leave the negatives of being blocked by your internet service provider behind and sign up for one of the services we mentioned above. If you’re still undecided view our 15 Reasons Why You Must Use A VPN to help you make your decision.
Looking for more content? Visit EverydayElectronics Netflix In The News page or check out our homepage for all of our latest stories.
Leave a Reply