If you are currently an Aussie Telstra internet subscriber you can bypass the new website blocks in your country by simply making a minor change to your DNS. Many users are choosing to configure their device’s to use Google DNS, or OpenDNS, which can be done in a few simple steps.
To access blocked websites on Telstra Australia for free, simply follow these simple steps to change your DNS on Windows 10.
- #1) To start, click the START button and then click Settings.
- #2) Click Network and Internet.
- #3) Depending on your type of connection, Click on WiFi or Ethernet then click Change adapter settings.
- #4) Right Click on your network adapter and click on Properties.
- #5) Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to highlight and click on Properties.
- #6) In the General tab click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
- #7) Use a pair of DNS codes from Google DNS, or OpenDNS
and plug them in under Primary & Secondary DNS. If you’re looking for additional codes you can use a pair from our Free American Netflix DNS Codes Page.
- #8) Click Ok and then click on the close button.
- #9) Restart your system.
- #10) Enjoy access to blocked Telstra websites like ThePirateBay & more.
If you’re trying to access blocked Telstra websites on a different device, simply follow one of our DNS tutorials but use a pair of DNS codes from Google DNS, or OpenDNS or refer to #7 in this article.
It’s important to note that while a simple DNS change will defeat Telstra’s blocking method, other ISPs may choose a more sophisticated block that DNS won’t provide a solution to. In addition its important to note that while using the free DNS method your sensitive information is still exposed to the government, your internet provider, malicious websites, and more.
To solve both problems we mention above, and to bypass all current and future blocks, we recommend using a VPN. Using a premium VPN will ensure you have access to any website on the web with complete privacy, and anonymity.
To help ensure you get the best service, with the most benefits and options, EverydayElectronics has compiled a list of the best top tier VPN’s To Use In Australia.
- Easy-to-use VPN apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Routers, and Linux.
- A no questions asked 30-day money back guarantee, if you’re unsatisfied.
- Unblock geo restricted websites like American Netflix, Hulu, and more.
- One click install for all of your devices, no tech skills required.
- Watch, listen, stream, and enjoy content from blocked websites and apps from around the world, even while traveling.
- Unlimited speed, bandwidth, and server switches.
- Secure 3 devices with only one ExpressVPN subscription.
- Friendly and helpful staff offer 24/7, around-the-clock support by email or chat.
- 1000+ servers, across 136 cities and 87 countries, with new servers added every week.
- Zero logging of your network traffic and no data retention. ExpressVPN does not and will never log traffic data, DNS queries, or anything that could be used to identify you.
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP protocols.
- Speed up ExpressVPN with the built-in Speed Test. This unique and very useful feature let’s you choose the fastest VPN server location for your network.
- Pay with Bitcoin and use Tor to browse ExpressVPN’s .onion address.
- Talked about on Tech Crunch, Torrentfreak, Forbes, Time, CNET, Yahoo, Huffington Post & more.
- 99.9% uptime.
- & Much More.
Take advantage and sign up for ExpressVPN today!
- Over 20 years of digital security experience.
- A 5 day money back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied.
- Use Highspeed VPN connections with no bandwidth charges or speed limits to download, stream, & torrent with ease.
- Access American Netflix, Canadian Netflix, Netflix UK, Netflix Netherlands, Netflix Germany, & Netflix Japan after Netflix’s VPN & proxy crackdown.
- Protect up to 5 devices simultaneously with one subscription.
- Servers located in more then 20 countries & 43 cities.
- Features automatic setup software and manual tutorials to easily setup StrongVPN on your device.
- Fast, Friendly, 24/7 Tech support.
- PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN and IPSec Protocols with up to 2048 bit encryption.
- Download torrents with ease while staying protected from your internet service provider, large media companies, your government & more.
- Unlimited server switching.
- Also available on iOS & Android.
- Over 12 000 satisfied customer reviews.
- Activate your subscription in 3 easy steps.
- Rated #2 VPN on VPNRatings.
- & Much More.
Take advantage and sign up for StrongVPN today!
Leave the negatives of being blocked by your internet service provider behind and sign up for one of the services we mentioned above. If you’re still undecided view our 15 Reasons Why You Must Use A VPN to help you make your decision.
We hope this answers your question on how to access blocked websites sites for free with Aussie internet provider Telstra.
Find out more information about the recent Australian website blockade here.
Looking for more content? Visit EverydayElectronics Netflix In The News page or check out our homepage for all of our latest stories.
Leave a Reply