Does American Netflix still work in 2018? The short answer is YES. If you are wondering how to access American Netflix as of today, EverydayElectronics tests and monitors the most reliable ways to access the service.
Many subscribers are unaware that strict licensing agreements prevent Netflix from airing certain movies and TV shows outside the United States, thus giving Americans an advantage when it comes to content.
New to American Netflix? All you need is an existing Netflix subscription and to follow the easy steps listed below.
Since free DNS codes simply do not work anymore, EverydayElectronics recommends using a premium VPN to have you up and running in minutes.
How To Get American Netflix
To watch American Netflix in your country follow these 5 easy steps.
#1) Sign up for a top tier VPN that allows you to access Netflix uninterrupted. We test a wide range of providers daily and highly recommend:
- ExpressVPN [su_label type=”important”]Recommended Provider [/su_label]
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Access American, Canadian, UK Netflix and More.
- Easy-To-Use Software For All Your Devices.
- Industry Leading Security and Encryption.
- 24/7 Support Through Live Chat.
- StrongVPN – 20 Years Digital Security Experience, Military Grade Encryption.
- VyprVPN – 3 Day Free Trial, Exclusive Chameleon Technology.
#2) Download and install the VPN you choose from step #1.
#3) Open the VPN client and connect to a server from the United States.
#4) Visit Netflix.com or click here.
#5) Enjoy access to American Netflix.
How To Tell If Your American Netflix Is Working?
The easiest way to tell if you are watching American Netflix is by simply searching for a show or movie that’s exclusive to the U.S. region. If you are able to search and play the title then you are streaming U.S. Netflix. We recommend trying Undercover Boss, Sons Of Anarchy, or Border Security.
How To Fix The Netflix Proxy Error Message
“Whoops, something went wrong… You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. For more help, visit netflix.com/proxy.”
If you happen to see the Netflix proxy error written above follow these steps.
- Close your browser or app.
- Open the VPN client and Disconnect from your current US server.
- Reconnect to a new US server.
- Visit Netflix and pick a show or movie.
- Repeat if necessary.
We hope this solves any questions you have surrounding American Netflix and if its still working. Looking for more from EverydayElectronics? Visit our tutorials section, Netflix in the news page, or find our latest articles here.